The h2g2 Post 16.09.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 16th September 2013

Schools of Thought

Amo, amas, amat.

As you know by now, September's Create Challenge is about school and education. Our worldwide reader- and writership have a wide variety of schooling experiences to share. We've all done time in a classroom, somewhere, with somebody, in some language. In this issue, Cactuscafe's given us food for thought on the English boarding school, while Minorvogonpoet lets us in on continuing education for adults – and what she's done with hers. We're impressed with how educated you folks are. Your Editor, as usual, goes for the silly side of school: my memories involve pranks and satire. We hope you'll enjoy these reminiscences, and send us some of your own.

Not everybody's stuck in class. Willem's been studying the Lala palm, and been serenaded by a lovely bird. Awix has been in the dark, as usual, watching the silver screen. Our artists have been hard at work at their drawing boards.

We've got a quiz for you, and a funny piece of faux folklore, and some more writing advice. Read, comment, and plan your next foray into the Post pages. Remember, you're not just readers – you're also contributors!

Where will this week take you? It's taking Beatrice on another trip. She says it's hard work, but somebody has to do it. She's promised that when she comes back, she's going to tell us all about her journeys. We stay-at-homes are looking forward to that.

Wherever you go, make notes. And take pictures! Have a great week.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

BEAUTY
  • Blackeyed Bulbul by Willem
  • .

  • Northern Lala Palm by Willem


TRUTH


 


HALF-TRUTHS


 
  • A girl with a pigeon on her shoulder.
  • Noccahula Falls in Gadsden, Alabama, USA
VERITÉ

OUTRIGHT LIES
  • A parachute – - surely the best way to fall out of a plane (especially with a brightly-coloured flare attached to you).
  • .

  • Later that night.

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87804985

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more